Monday, March 21, 2011

little things piss me off - sorry --character flaw ....


Yep -- little things piss me off .... and I accept that is is just a character flaw on my part .... but things like this below -- fudging the percentages just get me annoyed all to hell.

Background - if you see a hotel room advertised at $100 regular and now save 25% percent ... you would assume you are paying $75 ...right ?

Well - CARQUEST doesn't think so ( at least CARQUEST Canada ) --they show the normal jobber net cost --and the new sale net cost --and fudge the percentage .... how you ask- glad you asked ...they take the savings ( old cost minus new cost ) and divide by the NEW COST.

The example of the hotel room used above -- $100 now $80 .... saving of $20 / divided by $80 == and voila ... your saving of 25% ..... well in my book that is only a savings of 20% ( 20/100 )

Why CARQUEST does this is way beyond my ... we have mentioned this several times over the years ... they must assume that the average jobber is a dunce on percentages .... the error gets MUCH larger as the number gets bigger ... just try a 50% off price - become a 100% in their minds ... what bull shit ....



1 comment:

  1. just checked --the USA does the same thing .... that is wrong ....

    ReplyDelete