Monday, June 27, 2011

No ONE JOBBER Knows it all - work in groups ?




A question from Bob at Walker Rd ( Windsor ) - questioning the generic descriptions we get with the new Gen-2 e-cat as used on the invoice ... his question caught me off guard ... both he & I wondered why our stores hadn't spotted the problem ....

DISCLAIMER TIME -- it is summer - we are busier than ...well you know
................................. -- we are getting older and forgetting more than we ever knew

I had sent a copy to Raleigh to find out how such a huge problem can exists .... right then I should have taken a minute and read my standard disclaimer above .... when I asked Ryan why NO other manager replied IF there was a solution ... well -I think he has the same disclaimer ( but he is so much younger )

Anyways --the solution is ..... if you are finally one of many Cdn jobbers scrambling to use and learn the gen-2 e-cat due to a 'threat' ... and your store has the GENERIC parts descriptions .... change the setting as shown in the images attached ... click to enlarge ....

SUMMARY --there are times we feel like RATS in a MAZE with this computer system --we are feed just enough info to identify the smart ones from the stupid ones ... there needs to be a much better way to REMIND us 'semi' smart rats ... of the issues to see if we are up to speed ... where is the constant and continual training? Somehow this system is more complex than we can handle ... how can we get help to smooth out the bumps in the road.... damm ... I just don't know -- but I sure know if I was doing it I would have lots of options....

No comments:

Post a Comment